Technical Support Team Members Needed
Website Chiari Bridges, Inc.
Technical Support Dept.
We have an immediate need for help with technical support.
- Perform selected website administration duties for the website.
Implement and maintain content management systems such as WordPress, including installation, configuration, theme and plug-in integration, and ongoing support of the CB staff using existing platforms and tools.
- Evaluate and support user needs, and recommend solutions within existing platforms; assist in the devolopment of documentation and how-to guides for CB staff members and our end-users.
- Monitoring of security warnings (mostly false positives) via email daily.
- Provide email troubleshooting assistance (POP3/IMAP, SMTP) for staff accounts.
- Executing sensitive data backup and restoration procedure.
The ideal candidate(s) should possess the following qualities:
- Have access to a computer with internet access.
- Be a team player.
- Have a positive attitude and be able to receive feedback.
- Have several hours every week to devote to the related needs of the organization.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to explain technical and design features to non-technical users.
The ideal candidate(s) should have a working knowledge of (or an aptitude and willingness to learn) the following:
- Good understanding of website architecture, aesthetics and systems administration.
- Knowldge of Content Management Systems (CMS) platforms (such as WordPress, Buddypress), plugins and themes.
- Experience with a variety of platforms such as mobile, Linux hosting, DNS management, cPanel, FTP and SSL configuration.
- Debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector, Firebug, as well as social media developer tools.
- Web servers such as IIS, Apache.
- Storage systems and technologies (including MySQL Databases).
- Clear understanding of web standards, good web design, and usability methods.
Chiari Bridges is a non-profit network built by patient and family member volunteers, for the empowerment of other patients. Our goal is to provide accurate, easy to understand information and support for struggling patients, so they can benefit from our collective experiences and the information we have gathered. As such, all positions are volunteer positions with no promise of future compensation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org