Editor/Editing Team Member
Website Chiari Bridges, Inc.
Do you love the written word? Have you been looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the Chiari community?
Chiari Bridges is currently looking for volunteer editors. Members of the editing team will work with the Editorial Director to screen and edit articles submitted to the site for publication. As an editor, you will be responsible for ensuring high quality content and communicating with volunteer writers to guide, encourage, and help them perfect their work. This will include editing articles for spelling and grammar, writing style, accurate information, and the accurate citation of sources, when applicable. As a member of the editing team, you will also have the opportunity to work with the editing team to develop ideas for future content and to write articles of your own, if you desire.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
1. Be a team player.
2. Have a positive attitude and be able to give positive feedback, encouragement, and constructive criticism.
3. Have strong writing, spelling and grammar skills in a variety of writing style, including technical, inspirational, and blog-style writing.
4. Possess strong skills in online research and fact checking and be able to read and understand medical information.
5. Have a few hours every week to devote to editing articles.
6. Have access to a computer with internet access. (Access to Microsoft Word and a basic working knowledge of Word’s editing tools is preferred.)
7. Possess effective communication skills, and the ability to deliver constructive criticism with tact and grace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com